Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Donkey Christmas

I mean that in a good way. Donkeys play a big part at Christmas here at our house in the pines
Here is one destined for the Christmas tree
And a friend from Sweden on the mantle. A photo by the wonderful Becky at Vintage Fairy Tales. If you haven't visited her blog, you should. Its a very happy place ~


Here is a donkey clomping through suburban neighborhoods, dining on thier lush lawns.


And on the hutch with his friends, waiting for Santa.



Can you see him in the forest of pines?


After all, a donkey attended the very first Christmas.
"I" said the donkey , shaggy and brown,
"I carried His mother uphill and down,
I carried her safely to Bethlemen town,"
"I" said the donkey, shaggy and brown.
From the Christmas carol, 'The Friendly Beasts' with a little spun donkey from Russia.
Happiest of holidays from the donkeys in the pines!
xxx





juliewhitmorepottery.etsy.com

No comments:

Post a Comment