Tuesday, May 10, 2011

my green sky

I know flocks of girls who admire bluebirds. There's Carolyn, Barbara, Pat , Nancy, Sandi, Delila Vicki, Colette,Dana, Lori, Nina, Jody, Janet and Heather. And Carol g! and thats just the beginning. They must feel like Thoreau who said 'The bluebird carries the sky on her back'....






Every once in a while I paint a bird girl piece. This pale pink wall in my studio is holding them up for now



While we are in my studio, right outside my window, there's a blooming going on of pink and white petunias




Back in side, here's one of my first girl and birds, a swan.




I've got loads of spoons to list. They're dangling from an old rake while they wait for me to
get busy with the camera.




But instead of being productive, I decided to write down things that are pink.




I forgot mouse ears.



and cotton candy!





A pink breasted pigeon. Isn't she beautiful?






This is my best friend, Kary. she is a little shy, loves red gingham, Teddy, home, and 1962. Calls this hairdo a 'birds-nest'. And her favorite bird is the owl.









Emily Dickinson wrote 222 poems about birds, including The Hummingbird.






Here's what Pablo Neruda had to say about humming birds;





The small bird on fire


Which dances out of the pollen





Just a short drive from here the pink sweet peas are washing the hills







Standing in the middle of this pinkness I was swaying with the scent . I wanted to lie down and sleep there. But I carried that scent home with me, in the form of a single sweet pea .






Because I beleive in the Chinese proverb






'If I keep a green bough in my heart,






The singing bird will come.'





wishing you a pink spring




xxx




julie




juliewhitmorepottery.etsy.com

No comments:

Post a Comment