Monday, November 21, 2011

snow flurries

Its snowing in there.
When I saw an article on Martha Stewart.com explaining how to make snow globes, I made a few figures .
After all I grew up on snow globes like these above, all from California. (From an antique website)
So I went out and found supplies, distilled water and isopropyl alchohol too;
I rushed back home
washed a jar
When the figures were glued on lid (roughened up with sandpaper to make glue stick) I waited 24 hours and added the ingredients to the jar; Filled nearly full with the distilled water, a dollop of glycerine and another of the alchohol and a tablespoon of glitter. I shook it, definately the best part.
Here's another one drying. Now when I go to the grocery store, I can't keep away from the bottled goods section. I'm looking for a more globe type shape. I think I'll have good luck in the orange marmalade section.
Hope you all have a thrilling Thanksgiving!
xxx
juliewhitmorepottery.etsy.com

No comments:

Post a Comment