Wednesday, February 8, 2012

green fingers

My camellia is in full bloom. Its ten feet tall and looks like its covered with snow there are so many blossoms . When we moved here it was a scraggley five feet , I cut the berries that were choking it, cut off the dead wood and I might even have talked to it a little bit. Does this mean I have green fingers?
I have flower fever lately. Here's the pot right by my front door, I have a habit of stuffing it like a turkey at Thanksgiving but its always blooming for me.
More painted pots just out of the kiln
I went to the nursery today just to see if the rannuclus were in. Not yet. Any day now they promised.
Blooms from a wild geranium that grows all over my garden.
Yes, more camellias, with little sprigs of lavender mixed in. I just looked at my hands and there is not a tinge of green there, I'm not a great gardener but I do treasure flowers and time spent on my plot so much . With true gardeners I think its must be like Reginald Arkell says
'Green fingers are the extensions of a verdant heart'



The mister drew this name from the hat for the hedgehog pot. Pippa's Garden, my email address is jkwhitmore@hotmail.com , I will send this off as soon as I hear from you.







Happy gardening everyone! February is the month to start your sweet peas~



xxx julie
juliewhitmorepottery.etsy.com

No comments:

Post a Comment