Monday, June 25, 2012

bird watchers

We are all birdwatchers really. Even if you watch a flock of geese honking across the horizon you are bonafide.


Then there are the binoculars. You know you are a goner when its more important to have a good pair than that new pair of pink shoes you've been longing for.





Here's a guy I saw at San Simeon last week.
Look at these wonderful nests in Zambia, Africa





I don't have those, but I have bluebirds in my garden.


and somewhere there is a dipper that I am going to see soon. That is my dream bird sighting.


They run along the stream, then right underwater looking for water bugs. Sometimes they nest behind waterfalls. Have you seen one?

I once had a bird land on my head and stay for a while. Do you think he thought my hair was good nest material?




Second bird dream: To see the migration of the sandhill crane
I've heard Indiana is one of the best places to see them.




A nest from a friend, it was found abandoned in a tree at San Simeon Ranch. Lined with horsehair and three real eggs.


Have you seen any interesting birds lately?


Don't forget to polish those lenses~



xx




julie


















juliewhitmorepottery.etsy.com

No comments:

Post a Comment