Friday, October 9, 2009

Where I work

As I step into my studio, this is what I see to my left. Its where my animal busts live until they migrate to a show or to Etsy. This week I have new members of the Association. There's a pricklepin, a wood mouse and a barn owl.

I found most of these old cabinet card frames on Etsy. They make nice windows for the animals to look through.

This is my desk and usually its loaded with clay plates and cups in various stages of drying, but I cleaned it off so you 'll think I'm tidy and diligent. (don't be fooled)

My inspiration board for fall. The photo of the sleeping doll with the stuffed animals waiting for her to wake up is the work of Rekecka Ryberg Skott. Her work is imaginative and always tells a story, plus her sense of color is wonderful.

www.beckybus.se/wordpress

This moblie is something new I am working on. Different small clay components, with beads, and even some sewing. All strung on waxed linen thread. I call them 'Good Omens'. That
piece of art in the background is by Cathy Cullis. I always ask for a piece of her work for my birthday from my husband, and as I write this, I think my newest gift should be flying over Maine about now.

my pottery tools


In the nineties, I owned a shop here in Cambria. Finnie McClure. I sold some antiques, old books, and things I made. But twice a week after closing I would drive to attend my pottery class. And soon, I couldn't think of anything but a life in clay. Still, i loved my little shop. This chalkboard hung right by the front door, and now it hangs in my studio. The words and colors are a little faded, but i won't erase it because I like the sentiment.

So there's more but isn't that enough of a tour for today? While i have your attention, I want to thank you for your comments, support and encouragment. Means the world..........

xxx

julie






juliewhitmorepottery.etsy.com

No comments:

Post a Comment