Friday, October 30, 2009

Portrait of a Badger

There is a crick in my neck because I've had my head down making and storing, like the badger here. I'd practically finished everything for two shows in November, so Thursday was set aside for painting and making new pieces for my lately neglected Etsy shop.
But I woke up Thursday thinking uh oh, feeling a bit low. Was it the dreaded Pork Pie Flu?
So I slogged around the house, in a blue checkered nightie, peachy striped socks and two different flowered tee shirts. Oh, and hair that looked even worse than when I'd just alighted from the Tilt-o-World at the County Fair. Then this morning, things were different. I felt like I could paint a comittee of badgers, and make them supper too. I think it was the chicken stock I had for dinner and the fresh fruit. And maybe a little bit was the antibiotic the Dr. gave me.

The badger joins the rabbit, who dreams of living in a house by the sea. A house with many windows. All the animals are members of the Ambleside Association for the protection of the countryside, hedgerows, dells , and woodland.



It felt awfully swell to go out to my studio with real clothes. Although I still think the hair needs work.

And I even came up with an idea for all these pieces of my broken pottery which involves drill bits and waxed linen thread.



New pieces in the works for my little store with the always open sign freshly washed and the door knocker polished.
xx
julie
That bracelet is by the talented Pamela of Thatch and Burrow
i promise a better picture of this lovely piece soon.










juliewhitmorepottery.etsy.com

No comments:

Post a Comment