Monday, November 9, 2009

Bird party

All the lovely ladies waited patiently in line until they heard the shop bell ring, and Bonnie opened the door and welcomed them inside. The annual Christmas party then began.The name of Bonnie's shop is Bird's of a Feather, but everyone I know calls it 'Birds'. Full of antiques, books and craft, its as warm and charming as I hope these pictures show. It was wonderful to see friends there, like Dana, Barbara and Jana. And Marsha, those brown sugar cupcakes you made were delicious. I brought one home to Kim and he's dropping hints right and left about me wheedling that recipe out of you.
I even made a special necklace to go with my outfit. Remember the bits of pottery in my studio?
I added some new ones, found beads that reminded me of bird's eggs, and made some faience beads painted like shards of old transferware.

Ready to string on waxed linen thread, a new rabbit necklace.


I always drift to this cupboard at Birds. Full of old Children's books and herds of tiny animals.



My pottery was lucky enough to be represented at the show. Here is a cake topper, with slots for candles and animals marching in a circle singing happy birthday.


I thought I heard this black and white cow moo my name several times.


A collection of socks, stripey and othewise.



Bonnie carries these beautiful felt purses by Cindy Ferris. They are light and just the right size for a checkbook, lipstick and a little phone. This one flew home with me. What do you think, Liz? These remind me of you.
If you are in Cambria, do stop by. Birds is on 2020 Main Street in the old Creamery Building.
and there is a website too.



I promised a better picture of this bracelet by Pamela at Thatch and Burrow.
So here is Eve in the Garden. Isn't it something?
xxx
julie






juliewhitmorepottery.etsy.com

No comments:

Post a Comment