Saturday, April 21, 2012

English Lakes

 It all started, this painting session, when I reinherited a staffordshire piece I made to commemorate a wonderful trip to the Lakes with my family.
 Its bracing, rugged, mountainous, stunning. And there are alot of sheep there.
 I walked around with my heart in my throat for weeks....
 I never knew gingerbread cold be so gingery until I went to Sara Nelson's in Grasmere
 So in the midst of taking pictures for this post yesterday, look what my friend sent me. A 'care' package from Grasmere and Sara Nelson! Threre is rum butter and post cards and even ginger hand lotion.
I bit my lip and squeezed my eyes shut , then opened them again. And it was still there, not a mirage. Sometimes its a very mysterious world.Thank you Lynnxxx
I did another smaller painting with one of my Wally dogs too.
These are acrylic on canvas, 12 x 12 on the top one, and Wally is 8 x 10
Now if you will pardon me, I'm going to make an entire pot of  darjeeling tea and have some of Sara's gingerbread. xxx
I'm saving the rum sauce for apple tart.

No comments:

Post a Comment