Saturday, January 30, 2010

Like two birds

Yesterday, we decided to fly away, just the Mister and I.


First, I cut a boquet, the first of this year.
I pulled a scarf from the rack by the front door.........


We boarded our donkey. (Wait, that part I made up.)

And like two birds we flew away.




I needed to stop at the ranch to see if the white pelicans were back. They were not, but I did have a stare down with a squirrel. He won.




I stalked the wine section at Cost Plus, and evesdropped while the clerk raved to a customer about a certain red, the best they had at the moment. It just so happened thats exactly what I needed for Saturday night supper.


Stopped at the beach too. The big waves tossed up more rocks than I'd ever seen there.



More seaweed than ever before too. Enormous tentrils, wrapped around the rocks like vines

Home again, home again. My prized bottle of wine, to go with
steak, brussel sprouts and scalloped potatoes. Shortbread for dessert
And for our winged friends, that's fresh wild birdseed in the jar.

Happy Saturday friends!
xx
julie








juliewhitmorepottery.etsy.com

No comments:

Post a Comment